Snowdonia Trail Running Weekend
- Event: LTR Weekend - Snowdonia.
- Level: Regular (Trail Lover).
- Date: Sat 23rd - Sun 24th September 2017.
- Time: 9:00am.
- Location: Dinorwig, North Wales.
- Guides: Rodger and Beau.
- Cost: £150.
- Loyalty: 50points
Taking place from just outside the stunning Welsh village of Llanberis, our 'Snowdon-it' trail running weekend starts on Saturday 23rd Sept with part one, which comprises of a stunning guided trail run that ascends to the summit of the iconic Mount Snowdon*, recently voted the best view in the UK. Part two comprises of a shorter Sunday route that takes in beautiful trails around the picturesque village of Dinorwig.
As you'd expect, a lot of thought and planning has gone into the weekend to ensure that all those who secure a place, get the absolute most from it. Due to its nature the weekend is aimed at and best suited to experienced & active trail runners with an emphasis on a relaxed & social atmosphere. For 'Trail-Lovers' this will be a fun-filled weekend, but in parts it will be physically and mentally challenging on the trails.
*Please note that both routes are subject to change given the conditions of the day.
Itinery (approximate times)
09.00am (Onwards) Meet for optional tea/coffee.
10.30am 'Snowdon-it' part one starts.
15.30pm Arrive back at the cafe for Lunch.
19.30pm Relaxing evening meal at 'Pizza & Pint'
11.00am 'Snowdon-it' part two starts.
Part of the appeal of our 'Snowdon-it' weekend is the enjoyment and novelty factor. Our accommodation for the Saturday night is the fantastic Dinorwig Lodge. This old school building has been converted into a Cafe and a 4 star Hostel which will be solely occupied by us for the night. The deluxe bunk beds are hand made from solid wood, equipped with a plug socket, reading light, a little shelf and a curtain for some privacy. North Wales and Snowdon in particular has just been listed as one of the best regions to visit in the world by Lonely Planet and is the perfect place to venture for a memorable trail running experience.
£150 pp includes:
- One night's stay in the contemporary Dinorwig Lodge.
- Two stunning guided trail routes.
- Breakfast on Sunday morning.
- Drinks and snacks on both runs.
- Running advice from professional guides/coaches.
- 50 Loyalty points
We have limited availability to provide transportation to and from Dinorwig, please contact us for more details of the cost for this service.
Fitness requirement: To book onto 'Snowdon-it' we ask you attend one of our Regular runs first or clarify with us your level of experience or fitness. If you have comfortably completed one of our Regular runs before then you're eligible to book on. For any related questions or details of how to register and pay please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Rodger on 07946 568844.
Please note we only have 12 places and we operate on a 1st come 1st served basis.
Ribble Valley Trail Running Weekend
- Event: LTR Weekend - Ribble Valley.
- Level: Regular (Trail Lover).
- Date: Fri 1st - Mon 4th December 2017.
- Time: 3:00pm.
- Location: Ribchester, Ribble Valley.
- Guides: Rodger, Sarah and Beau.
- Cost: From £165.
- Loyalty: 60points
The third Love Trail Running Weekend will take place from Ribchester in the incredible Ribble Valley in December 2017. As you'd expect, a lot of thought and planning has gone into the whole weekend to ensure that all those who secure a place, get the absolute most from it. The weekend is based on a 3 night stay at the fantastic 'Somerwood' House. Due to its nature the weekend is aimed at and best suited to experienced & active trail runners but with an emphasis on a relaxed & social atmosphere.
'Somerwood' is located on the perimeter of the Forest Of Bowland (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty) and just half a mile away from the picturesque village of Ribchester so there's a plethora of incredible trails right on the doorstep.
Early evening arrival and a 75 min easy run with head-torch (provided).
8pm - Prepared meal at 'Somerwood'.
A day on the trails split into 3 stages. You will have the option to complete 1, 2 or all 3 stages totalling 40km of incredible trails. Once back to Somerwood you'll have chance to rest before freshening up to visit a fine local establishment for a well earned meal out.
A leisurely breakfast and a relaxing morning precedes transportation to a stunning location for an adventure trail run - we're confident you'll enjoy what we have in store for you. Once back you can relax as we prepare a hearty evening meal. Post evening meal option of 'film night' - sit back and watch one or two suitably entertaining films on the impressive big screen in 'Somerwood's' cinema room.
Optional early morning 10km guided trail run or simply a leisurely breakfast before heading off home.
Departure anytime before 2pm.
COST: (COMPREHENSIVE 3 NIGHT STAY)
- If booked during July/August
- £195 pp based on sharing a twin room
- £165 pp based on party of 2 sharing a superking room (en-suite)
- £255 pp based on your own superking room
- If booked during September/October
- £205 pp based on sharing a twin room
- £175 pp based on party of 2 sharing a superking room (en-suite)
- £265 pp based on your own superking room
- If booked during November
- £215 pp based on sharing a twin room
- £185 pp based on party of 2 sharing a superking room (en-suite)
- £275 pp based on your own superking room
- Accommodation facilities
- Wood burning stove
- Underfloor heating
- Washer/ dryer
- TV with DVD player and a range of DVDs
- Speaker dock
- Cinema room with projector
- Snooker table
- Table tennis
- Tennis court with rackets and balls provided
- Hot tub
- Bed linen, towels and bathrobes provided
- Ample off-road parking
- External social area with fire pit
- Barbecue under cover
- Pond with pergoda
- Pub within 10 minute walk
- Lovely 'Green House' café 1 minute walk
- x6 Unique guided trail runs including refreshments.
- x3 Nights accomodation at 'Somerwood'.
- x3 Breakfast.
- x2 Evening meal (Saturday evening meal out not included)
Fitness requirement: Initially any keen trail runner can register, but to secure a place we require that you have either attended one of our 'Regular' runs or contacted us directly to confirm your eligibility. All runs are optional - you can do as much or as little as you like within the structure that's set out. Once clarified, we will reserve you a place and contact you with details of how to make payment (cost is based on the date of payment not registration).
Basically the absolute perfect place to stay for a trail running weekend!